Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Fixed Term - Full Time
Whitireia New Zealand is seeking a Lecturer to teach on our IT postgraduate programmes, who is passionate about IT education and has previous experience in networking, cloud computing and cyber security.
The role will provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to be part of a committed team who prepare our graduates for careers in the industry, with a focus on the technical and professional skills needed for an IT practitioner in current and future environments.
This position is based at the Auckland campus and is fixed term until the end of November 2019.
Applicants must have a current NZ work Visa.
QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- PhD in Information Technology or Computer Science or a closely related discipline
- Show evidence of research achievements in one or more of the areas below
- A strong commitment to teaching and learning, with a minimum of two years teaching experience of international students
- Evidence of the ability to develop curriculum, assessments and sound experience of assessment moderation
- Ability to teach a range of computer science / Information Technology courses
- Excellent communication and organising skills
- Advanced skills and knowledge of current industry practice
- Willingness to work as part of a flexible and collaborative team
- Thesis supervision in one or more areas below
- A sound knowledge of research methodology
Research and teaching areas:
- Cloud Computing
- Research methods (IT)
- Adult teaching qualification or equivalent
- Industry experience in the above areas
- Knowledge of learning management systems such as Moodle and other eLearning systems
Click on Apply Now and complete the on-line application form. Please note it is important that you complete all sections of the on-line application. For other information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 25 August 2019
Fixed Term Full Time
Job no: HNAI911352
Closing Date: 25/08/2019