Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Permanent, Full-time and
About the role | Te Kaupapa
Be part of the future! Be part of leading growth and development! Be part of ensuring Aotearoa New Zealand has the skilled workforce it needs!
An exciting opportunity has become available to join WelTec and Whitireia, helping to deliver the IT suite of courses.
The School of Innovation, Design & Technology at WelTec and Whitireia is seeking to appoint tutors (1 FTE and 0.5 FTE) to join the IT Teaching team. You will be part of the team that ensures skilled graduates are well-prepared for employment in this high-demand industry.
We are looking for people who are keen to pass on their knowledge and have an enthusiasm for learning and education. Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written are essential along with the ability to engage students in applied learning.
Core elements of this position will include delivery and assessment of a range of IT courses at Diploma and Degree level. The position is based largely at the Petone campus but will also include teaching at our Porirua campus and may include teaching at our other Wellington regional campuses from time to time as required.
- Recent and relevant teaching experience in an ITP setting
- Recent and relevant IT experience with a range of technical expertise, including Project Management in IT, is desirable
- Experience in the use of electronic and online technologies in teaching is preferred
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Teaching qualification is desirable
Personal qualities and key skills
- Clear, confident and skilled communicator
- A customer focus with demonstrated ability to be both flexible and professional
- Willingness to accommodate a variety of learning styles, cultural backgrounds, and strategies in instructional delivery
- A commitment to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- It is expected that candidates will be research active
If you enjoy working with a dedicated and friendly team within a progressive educational environment, you wouldn’t want to miss this opportunity. WelTec and Whitireia offers training, support, and generous leave provisions.
Whitireia and WelTec have been strategic partners since 2012, delivering a range of career training choices and vast opportunities for schools, staff and students. Together, we lead and illuminate our communities through tertiary education.
We are known for our distinctiveness (Ahureitanga) and we have special relationships with mana whenua WelTec with Te Ātiawa and Whitireia with Ngāti Toa. Together, we are more than the sum of our parts.
Mā tātou, mō tātou Ko WelTec ki Te Ātiawa, ko Whitireia ki Ngāti Toa. E haere kōtui nei me kura-takahi-puni tātou.
Whitireia & WelTec’s vision (Whakakitenga) is:
Learning together. Transforming lives. Te ako ngātahi. Te whakaahua kētanga o te tangata
What we can offer you
We know it’s important to maintain a healthy work/life balance. We offer a number of services and benefits to support our staff. When you work with us, we can offer you some of the following benefits:
- Free car parking at Petone and Porirua campuses
- Onsite Café at Whitireia and WelTec campuses
- Rewards and recognitions programme
- Flexible working arrangements
- A range of wellness initiatives
- Professional Development opportunities
How to apply | Me pēhea te tono
Click on the "Apply Now" and complete the on-line application form. Please note it is important that you complete all sections of the on-line application.
For other information please email email@example.com
Applications close: 10 July 2022
If suitable candidates are found earlier, we move forward with screening and interviewing – so don’t hesitate to apply.